SULFAMIC ACID CRYSTALS-ACIDIC CLEANING AGENT 99.9% PURE FCC GRADE 5lbs
SULFAMIC ACID CRYSTALS-ACIDIC CLEANING AGENT 99.9% PURE FCC GRADE 1LB-10LB
100% Satisfaction guaranteed!!!
Sulfamic acid, also known as amidosulfonic acid, amidosulfuric acid, aminosulfonic acid, and sulfamidic acid, is a molecular compound with the formula H3NSO3. This colorless, water-soluble compound finds many applications.
Common Uses for Sulfamic acid:
- Catalyst for esterification process
- Dye and pigment manufacturing
- Coagulator for urea-formaldehyde resins
- Ingredient in fire extinguishing media. Sulfamic acid is the main raw material for ammonium sulfamate which is a widely used herbicide and fire-retardant material for household products.
- Pulp and paper industry as a chloride stabilizer
- Synthesis of nitrous oxide by reaction with nitric acid
- The deprotonated form (sulfamate) is a common counterion for nickel (II) in electroplating.
- Used to separate nitrite ions from mixture of nitrite and nitrate ions (NO3-+ NO2-) during qualitative analysis of nitrate by Brown Ring test.
Sulfamic acid is used as an acidic cleaning agent, sometimes pure or as a component of proprietary mixtures, typically for metals and ceramics. It is frequently used for removing rust and limescale, replacing the more volatile and irritating hydrochloric acid, which is cheaper. It is often a component of household descaling agents, for example, Lime-A-Way Thick Gel contains up to 8% sulfamic acid and has pH 2.0–2.2, or detergents used for removal of limescale. When compared to most of the common strong mineral acids, sulfamic acid has desirable water descaling properties, low volatility, and low toxicity. It forms water-soluble salts of calcium and ferric iron.